Research reports that CBD is promising in easing the symptoms of anxiety, epilepsy, diabetes, and many other health problems. Cannabidiol or CBD is a cannabinoid present in the cannabis genus. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is another active compound available from the cannabis plant, which introduces the feel of ‘High.’ CBD does not produce the euphoric feeling but lowers the other health issues inflammation, pain, sleep disorder, lack of hunger, etc.
Buy CBD products from reliable suppliers. One of the best online platforms is Just CBD Stores.
Type I and II diabetic conditions differ in its cause and treatment. However, the similarity is excessive glucose in blood circulation. Insulin is a hormone our body produces to regulate the sugar level in the blood. When we eat food, the pancreas starts producing insulin. The insulin unlocks certain cells, where glucose gets stored. The stored glucose is used as energy later.
When the body starts producing no or little insulin, type 1 diabetes occurs. In this condition, the glucose stays in your bloodstream. This injures the blood cells and deprives cells of getting energized.
When cells don’t respond to insulin, type II diabetes develops. It is called insulin resistance, which causes a lot of glucose circulating in the blood. The result is an increase in the body’s inflammation level.
According to research, CBD is associated with an enhancement in –
- Diabetes prevention
The study is on mice and rodents. There is a need for a human trial to determine CBD oil can efficiently lower diabetes developing risks.
How to use CBD oil?
CBD is extracted and blended with a carrier oil like hemp seed or coconut or olive. For getting relief from diabetes symptoms, you can use the following CBD forms.
- Oils & tinctures – Place oil using a dropper under the tongue. The CBD gets quickly absorbed in your bloodstream through the capillaries within the mouth. You can even add oil drops in your salad, smoothie, or beverages.
- Vaping – use a vape pen to inhale CBD oil vapes. It is the quickest way of experiencing the effects. CBD gets absorbed in the blood directly from the lungs. However, its downsides are airway damage or irritation.
- Pills & capsules – It comprises of CBD oil. The swallowed capsules or pills need to pass through the digestive system, so it takes a couple of hours to experience the effects.
- Edibles – Candies, gummies, and chocolates are growing in popularity because they are available in different flavors. You can consume it with discretion in public, but there is a delay in the kick in time.
- Topical – Skin creams are easy to apply on the inflicted spot and gain instant relief from the joint or muscle pain. The topical hardly enter your bloodstream but influence the local cannabinoid receptors located in the skin.
CBD side effects
CBD is safe, but some temporary side effects are –
- Appetite change
- Weight change
CBD interacts with prescribed or OTC medications. There is a need for research on the way it interacts. However, the best way to avoid side effects due to drug-to-drug interaction is to consult your doctor. They are in the best place to recommend the proper form and dosage. CBD is not a replacement for diabetes treatment, but use it as an extra!